CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
This California Privacy Notice (the “CA Disclosures”) supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice and applies solely to individual residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you“).
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all terms in these CA Disclosures have the same meaning as defined in our Privacy Notice or as otherwise defined the CCPA.
For the purposes of these CA Disclosures, “personal information” has the meaning provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and does not include:
- Information that is publicly available.
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to you.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; or information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Information relating to our employees, applicants, contractors and other personnel.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from and about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we use personal information:
- To fulfill your requests, process your transactions and provide our Services to you
- To communicate with you
- For marketing and advertising purposes
- To monitor, improve, and develop our products and Services
- To protect the security and integrity of our business, comply with legal requirements and obligations, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
o learn more about the types of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use this information, please refer to the What Information Do We Collect and For What Purpose section of our Privacy Notice.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Collected||Categories of Sources|
|Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, driver’s license, passport or other identity documents, or other similar identifiers.||✔||
|California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as birthdate, contact information and payment information.||✔||
|Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age and race.||✔||
|Commercial Information, such as records of properties or services you have obtained or considered.||✔||
|Internet/Network Information, such as device information, logs and analytics data.||✔||
|Geolocation Data, such as precise location information from your device or generated based on IP address, or your location when you communicate with us.||✔||
|Professional/Employment Information, such as your employment history (applicants only) and your current employment information.||✔||
|Inferences about your interests and preferences generated about your activities through our Service||✔||
|Other Personal Information, including resident correspondence.||✔||
2. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information for a business purpose include:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Service providers and advisors that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include providing marketing and advertising services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or similar services;
- Third party vendors as necessary to provide our Service and fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations, such as payment processors, identity verification services and similar services, property managers.
- Analytics providers to better understand the demographics of our users and visitors, and to personalize, enhance and improve our Service;
- Social networks for advertising or personalization purposes, or to engage with you.
- We may also disclose personal information to other third parties at your direction or upon your request, or to comply with legal process or contractual obligations, as described in our Privacy Notice.
In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose:
- All of the categories of personal information we collect, explained in the table above.
3. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights:
- The Right to Know any or all of the following
information relating to your personal information we have collected and
disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties now or in the future.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
To Submit Your California Consumer Rights Requests
You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
- Filling out our California Consumer Rights Request Form, or
- Calling (833)-437-3254
Please also refer to the section called Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising in our Privacy Notice for more information about how third party ad networks, social media companies and other third party businesses collect personal information from you when you visit our online Services and the opt-out choices you may have in relation to those activities.
Minors. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “Right to Opt In”) from either the minor who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a minor less than 13 years of age. Please contact us at [email protected] to inform us if you, or your minor child, are under the age of 16.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us with regard to the disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of having your personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please click Do Not Sell My Personal Information above and provide your contact information to be added to our suppression list.
Updates to These CA Disclosures. We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these CA Disclosures, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Disclosures. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to [email protected].