Fairfield Residential Company LLC and FF Properties L.P. Privacy Statement
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Information we collect directly from or about you: We collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, location, and email address when you sign up for our mailing list, provide a comment or ask us a question, schedule a property tour, or otherwise communicate with us. We may collect additional information if you fill out an apartment or job application. We may also collect any communications between you and Company and any other information you provide to Company.
We may also receive information about you from our third party partners, for example, if you inquire about our properties, submit an application, create a resident account, or make a payment through a third party partner that hosts our various properties sites, such as Yardi-RENTCafe.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to respond to your requests, send you Service-related notices, and marketing communications.
In general, you may browse the website without providing personal information. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide certain services or process certain requests.
Information collected automatically: We and our third party service providers may collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We may use this information to enhance and personalize your user experience, to monitor and improve our websites and services, and for other similar purposes. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine this usage information with the personal information described above.
We and our third party partners use tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology, to automatically collect usage and device information, including information about your device and its software (such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique device ID); information about the way you access and use our Service (referral and exit information, the pages visit or links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices); information about your location (including GPS or we may infer your location based on IP address or other information). We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools that permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. We may collect analytics data or use third party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://policies.google.com/privacy. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies; however, doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. See Section 5 below to learn more about our online advertising practices.
2. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information with:
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Company, including but not limited to Fairfield Residential Company, LLC., and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Company, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, providing credit checks or recommendations on whether you qualify to rent an apartment, payment processors and banking institutions to process payments, providing analytic services, or providing identity verification or background checks where allowed by law;
- Third-party partners we work with to provide additional services to you [at your direction or with your consent], such as rewards program providers or moving services. These parties may use your personal information according to their own privacy policies and practices;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Fairfield maintains a comprehensive information security program designed to preserve the security and confidentiality of customer information, protect against threats or hazards to the security of such information, and prevent unauthorized access. This security program consists of procedures and specifications for administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards. These safeguards include: programs to detect, prevent and respond to unauthorized access; employee training programs and restricting access to information on a need-to-know basis; and security procedures relating to the storage and disposal of information. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosure will never occur. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How to control your communications preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information. If you have any questions about accessing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Service or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at [email protected]. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
5. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about your visits to our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our websites, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) online resources, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) resources, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN. You may also be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that some advertising opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Sites. You may control your advertising preferences or opt out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en, or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
6. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
7. EUROPEAN UNION DATA PROTECTION
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Fairfield. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and we cannot warrant that these websites are secure. If you have concerns regarding privacy practices of other websites, you should read the specific privacy policies posted on these websites when linking to them.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us using the contact information provided below. Please address to “Attn: Legal Dept. – CA Privacy Request.”
11. CONTACT US
Fairfield Residential Company LLC
5510 Morehouse Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
Effective Date: 9-27-2018