Our Green Living Program here at Fairfield Residential is hugely important to us. In celebration of Earth Day, we’re highlighting the eco initiatives you can come to expect from our Living Green communities.
Water – Between engineering low water techniques, water recycling for outdoor irrigation, and analyzing water use, we’ve been able to significantly reduce water consumption at our properties.
- Faucet aerators (mixed air with water to decrease water consumption)*
- Low-flow toilets and shower heads to decrease water consumption
- Use of water-wise landscaping
- Use of reclaimed water for irrigation
- Annual irrigation audits to analyze water consumption and identify water saving opportunities*
Recycling – Using recycled supplies in our leasing offices and community areas as well as adding recycling programs to our properties has made a big impact on our green footprint here at Fairfield.
- Onsite recycling programs*
- Recycling receptacles located in offices and common areas*
- Use of recycled paper in offices for printing and copying*
- Battery and cell phone disposal locations
- Using “green” paper towels and toilet paper*
- Printed collateral material on recycled paper*
- Use of carpet that’s both made from recycled materials and recyclable
Transit – Our newer properties are adding green amenities such as rental bikes, bike storage, and charging stations for electric cars.
- Carpool Communication Center to assist residents with finding carpool and public transit opportunities*
- Electric car charging
- Electric golf carts
- Bicycle storage
- Locations offering close proximity to public transit, shops, services and recreation
Energy – There are so many ways to save on energy and it’s been a priority for Fairfield to implement green solutions to not only reduce energy, but also offer our residents top of the line eco design and amenities in their homes and communities.
- Motion detectors in models and common areas to reduce energy consumption*
- Ceiling fans increase airflow and decrease the need for air conditioning
- Dual-pane windows reduce interior noise levels as well as the need for heat and air conditioning
- Digital thermostats in office and common areas*
- Energy Star appliance replacement program
- Solar heating for pools
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) in model apartments and interior common areas*
Environment – We aim to reduce toxic and carcinogenic toxins as much as possible at our properties by using eco-friendly cleaning supplies and paint.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products*
- Low and no VOC paints in our accent wall program
- Trash compactors
- Environmentally friendly pest control