THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the 50 United States who are 18 years of age or older and residents of Fairfield properties on the above Release Date of these Official Rules. The following individuals are not eligible: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Fairfield ("Sponsor"),and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies and other entities involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step") of each and those living in the same households (those persons, whether related or not, who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the Release Date of these Official Rules) of each such employee, contractor, director or officer.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: You may enter the Contest between 12:00:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on February 8, 2022 and 11:59:59 pm PT on February 18, 2022 ("Contest Period").
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to www.FairfieldRoomRescue.com (the "Contest Website"), during the Contest Period, and complete the form on the Room Rescue by Fairfield Contest registration and upload page. BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE, YOU MUST EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ENTER THE CONTEST. Follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit a registration form for the Contest. When prompted, you will be asked to upload your original submission (each a "Submission") to the Contest Website. Before uploading the Submission, you will be required to agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. You may use a generic release form to confirm permissions from persons appearing in your Submission; however, if you are selected as a Finalist in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submissions will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant (as defined in "Additional Requirements" below) it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
The creative assignment for the Contest ("Creative Assignment") is to create and submit:
Your Submission should be in form and substance consistent with these Official Rules.
Judging Criteria ("Judging Criteria") are as follows:
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of the Terms of Service and these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms of Services or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a Semifinalist, Finalist and/or Grand Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Contest Website during the Contest Period and/or in Sponsor's social media pages and channels, in Sponsor's sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Semifinalist, Finalist or Grand Prize winner in the Contest.
By entering this Contest and uploading your Submission, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor and its agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, for any purpose, without limitation, and without consideration to you. Finalists agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in their Submission, including without limitation all copyrights, and to waive all moral rights in their Submission. All Contest Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and the Contest Parties from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, Web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringe on the rights of Entrant's work as contained in any Submission.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Finalists, by acceptance of the Finalist Prize (defined below), agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and the Contest Parties, as well as each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their employees, representatives, and contractors from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim related to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of their prize, including but not limited to the posting or other dissemination of the Finalist's Submission.
If the actual, alleged or publicized conduct of any Entrant is illegal or, if any Entrant has been charged with or convicted of a crime, or in Sponsor's sole discretion is otherwise grossly offensive or violates generally accepted standards of behavior (including, but not limited to, illicit drug use or public intoxication) or otherwise leads the Sponsor to believe or conclude that public association with the Entrant subjects Sponsor to ridicule, contempt, controversy, embarrassment or scandal, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify that Entrant and the Entrant's Submission will no longer be eligible for this Contest.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
FIFTY (50) SEMIFINALIST PRIZES: Each Semifinalist prize ("Semifinalist Prize") consists of a $149 Spacejoy gift card, for the Semifinalist to apply toward purchases of design or other services available through spacejoy.com or otherwise. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Semifinalist Prize is $149.
TWO (2) FINALIST PRIZES: Each Finalist prize ("Finalist Prize") consists of a $750 Wayfair gift card, for the Finalist to apply toward purchases of products or services from the wayfair.com website or otherwise. The ARV of each Finalist Prize is $750.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a makeover of the space photographed and described in the Grand Prize Winner's Submission utilizing furniture and accessories obtained from Wayfair (the "Grand Prize"). The ARV of the Grand Prize will be between $10,000 and $15,000, depending upon the nature of the winning makeover and the design, furniture, fabrics, accessories and other items selected jointly by the Grand Prize Winner and Sponsor.
THE MAXIMUM TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THE CONTEST IS: $23,950.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid Contest ID, Social Security Number and e-mail address. Semifinalists, Finalists and the Grand Prize Winner are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the taxable value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or Contest-related website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Contest Website Terms of Service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of California. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in San Diego County, California.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: All prize winners will be notified by phone and/or email within the time frames specified above and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. Notification of Finalist status must be kept confidential until the Finalists are publicly revealed by Sponsor or your Finalist Prize will be forfeited and your Submission will not be posted for public voting as a Finalist Submission. Your Submission will not be posted for public voting as a Finalist unless the properly and fully completed Releases are received by Sponsor no later than three (3) days after notification of being a Finalist. A Finalist Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign one or more additional releases, in Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, to require a potential Finalist to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By accepting a prize, each Semifinalist and Finalist agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that the Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Semifinalist or Finalist, as the case may be, agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submission, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have therein, in the United States and worldwide, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Semifinalists and Finalists hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "droit moral" or "moral rights of authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that the Semifinalist or Finalist may now or later have to his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, each Semifinalist and Finalist shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as Sponsor may in its discretion deem reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and "moral rights of authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or the Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or the Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Contest Website or any of the Contest voting platforms in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the internet, the Contest Website or any of the Contest voting platforms; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties is responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Contest Website or any of the Contest voting platforms. Use of the Contest Website and the Contest voting platforms is at user's own risk. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties is responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Contest Website or any of the Contest voting platforms or the download of any information from the Contest Website or any of the Contest voting platforms. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, the Contest Parties and operators of the Contest voting platforms from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that Sponsor and the Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of any prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties is liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise commercially reasonable efforts to conduct or conclude the Contest at another time or make a reasonable substitution in its sole discretion.
9. WINNERS' LIST/RULES REQUEST: For the names of the Semifinalists, Finalists and the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of the Official Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 10, 2022 to: Room Rescue by Fairfield Contest (specify Winners List or Official Rules), 5355 Mira Sorrento Place, Suite 100, San Diego, California 92121.
Fairfield, 5355 Mira Sorrento Place, Suite 100, San Diego, California 92121.
FAIRFIELD and ROOM RESCUE BY FAIRFIELD CONTEST are trademarks owned by FF Properties L.P.
Copyright ©2022 Fairfield