Valentine’s day is just around the corner! Are you ready? Yeah, me neither… Sometimes, coming up with gift ideas can be nearly impossible, especially if you’ve been with your sweetheard for a long time and have gifted your significant other with everything there possibly is to get them!
Well, no need to fret! We have compiled a comprehensive list of the best non-traditional Valentines Day gifts. So, without further ado, let the gift giving begin!
“Traditional” gift giving:
- Head over to Uncommon Goods for the most awesome, unique gifts you could ever find! From interesting DIY kits, to Himalayan salt shot glasses, to wine-infused soap – they have it ALL!
- Does your significant other have something they’re really in to? Make a gift basket that has a theme! So…say your girlfriend loves having DIY spa days; Fill an empty box with bath salts, a bath bomb, a face mask, nail polish, a loofah, and anything else you can think of that she’d love! Same goes for boyfriends! If your boy loves to barbecue, make a gift basket filled with different, unique BBQ seasonings and rubs, a BBQ recipe book, a spatula with his favorite sports team’s logo, and an apron – be creative! The thought and effort put into this gift will speak volumes.
- Attend a couples cooking class! Sur la Table has so many options in cities across the U.S. This is a great way to spend time together and you also learn something for future meals at home!
- Take a trip to a nearby vineyard for a tour of their winery followed by some delicious wine tasting! P.S. Groupon comes in handy here as well – a good source for deals on wine tastings.
- Do you both like riding horses? Or just want to try something new? Go on a trail ride! There are plenty of places that offer this service and provide everything you will need. Imagine riding to the top of a mountain and seeing the gorgeous views – I’d be speechless!
- Give your artistic side a spin with an evening of painting while sipping on a class of wine or a cold beer. Check out Groupon for some great deals!
Lend a helping hand:
- If you’re the type of couple that loves volunteering and helping out others, spend the day at your local animal shelter helping them walk dogs or play with cats – what ever it is they need help with. This is a truly rewarding experience and so much fun!
- You could also head over to your local soup kitchen or food bank and lend a helping hand to feed those in need. Treat yourselves to a special dinner afterwards to end the day.
- Check out Volunteer Match to find opportunities in your area!
Go the extra mile:
- Have either of you ever wanted to fly a plane? There are places you can go to learn to fly planes – how cool! This amazing gift comes with a price tag to match, but it’s worth it.
- If either, or both, of you love to play golf, purchase a gift certificate for two rounds of golf at their/your favorite course. Some courses are more expensive than others so this gift may or may not make a hefty dent in your bank account.
- Ever wanted to ride in a hot air balloon? Well now could be your chance! Snag tickets for a hot air balloon ride and see some spectacular views – talk about a romantic date!
- Let your significant other experience the thrill of driving a supercar with Xtreme Xperience! They let you select from various packages and various cars, and set you free to take a few laps around a racetrack. This gift is by no means cheap, but if you’re willing to spend the money, they will remember it for the rest of their life! For a more “affordable” option, you can purchase a ride-along with an experienced driver, which still sounds so fun!