National Cut Your Energy Costs Day on January 10th is here to remind you how easy it is to save money when it comes to your energy bills. And of course, the less energy we use, the better it is for the environment. Let’s take a look at the many ways you can cut your energy bills and how Fairfield Residential is saving energy at each community!
The Living Green Program
Fairfield has implemented ways to save energy at each of our properties with our Living Green Program. Here are some of the ways our communities are already saving on energy costs:
- Motion detectors for power in models & common areas for lower energy consumption
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs or LED) in all models and common areas
- Digital thermostats in office and common areas
- Energy Star™ appliances
- Dual-pane windows
- Ceiling fans
- Solar heating for pools
Home Energy Savings
In addition, in your apartment home here are some ways to save even more:
- Unplug your electronics when not in use.
- Keeping your fridge full actually uses less energy so stock up on food and drinks.
- Since your refrigerator can be one of the most energy-consuming appliances in your home, clean its coils twice a year to improve its efficiency.
- Adjust your thermostat so you’re not using energy you don’t need.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs for your lamps.
- A super easy way to lower energy costs is turn off your lights when you’re not home or when you leave a room.
- Turn off your computer and TV at night instead of leaving them in sleep mode.
- Wash less with larger loads of laundry instead of more frequent smaller loads.
Stick with these tips and you’ll definitely see a dip in your energy costs!