It’s almost time to say goodbye to your winter bod and say hello to your pre-summer bod! How fast the year goes by, right? One minute we’re enjoying holiday desserts, stews and soups, and hearty meals to stay warm and the next we’re not. With warmer weather on the horizon in the spring, we’ll be peeling off our coats and heavy jackets, and getting excited for the pool and beach.
Once the weather changes, you may naturally have an inkling to incorporate more fresh dishes to your daily menu such as salads, smoothies and lighter meals. If you’re looking for some new ideas for 2019, we’ve gathered some of our favorite healthy recipes for spring.
- Fat Burning Smoothie – A delicious spinach, banana and pineapple smoothie that is also Gluten Free, Vegan and Paleo.
- Broccoli Salad – Super yummy broccoli, onion and bacon salad.
- Cajun Asparagus and Sausage Skillet – A beautiful dish full of colorful veggies. Whole 30 and Gluten Free friendly.
- Vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls – The best of both Asian and Mexican cuisine, plus it’s plant-based for those that are vegan.
- Spinach Avocado Chicken Burgers – A healthy version burger with greens and good fats. Whole 30 and Paleo friendly.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad – Perfect light healthy salad for warmer weather.
- Banana Breakfast Smoothie – Can’t beat this banana, Greek style yogurt and honey smoothie.
- Avocado Egg Salad – Skip the mayo and use avocado as a healthy fat substitute. Whole 30, Paleo and Keto friendly.
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa – These tortilla free tacos are delish and are Gluten Free.
- Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Yummy plant-based protein topped with guacamole. Gluten Free and Vegan.
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad – Hearty salad with shrimp, black beans, cucumber and avocado.