An Apartment State Of Mind
October 16, 2014
What’s special about October 16th? Did you remember? Did you plan ahead for it?!
(Drumrollllll…..) It’s…..Boss’ Day!! Chances are, you didn’t plan for it…or really, even think about it…until you saw it mentioned somewhere on Social Media this morning while cruising through your newsfeed. And then, the panic set in – you don’t want to be the only person on your team ignoring it. So what’s a last-minute man to do?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are the best last-minute ideas for Boss’ Day to ensure you DO get that promotion you’ve been gunning for!
1) Take your boss out to lunch – or at least bring him/her lunch! Hopefully you know their absolute fave spot and can surprise them. After all, who doesn’t love food?
2) Bring your boss coffee: Stop at Starbucks on your way into the office and grab your boss’ favorite latte or coffee treat…and don’t forget to add on something sweet to eat to make this gift extra special!
3) Buy an e-gift card: Always the easy way out, a gift card is easy to buy, print and stuff in a card within minutes thanks to the internet. Oh, interwebs, you save us again!
4) Plant or flower and balloons: Stop at the nearest grocery store, where you’re sure to find a vast selection of lovely bouquets, or maybe even an orchid plant, which is sure to impress! Tie some balloons on and you’ve got a celebratory gift that keeps on giving!
5) A simple card with a small treat: You don’t have to be over the top with your gift. A simple card with an appreciative, hand-written note and maybe a special treat, like a cupcake or candy bar, might be all you need to make your Boss’ day a little extra special.