In celebration of Pancake Day on March 5th we’ve rounded up our favorite pancake toppings for the best breakfast ever. The list is never ending as almost any sort of sweet treat can be added on top. If you’re obsessed with pancakes like us and are craving something other the traditional melted butter with maple syrup topping, scroll below for some delish ideas!
- 1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup – If you’re a fan of peanut butter mixed with anything sweet, you’ll want to whip this up for your Pancake Day Celebration.
- Sweet Grand Marnier Sauce – Skip the mimosa and instead have your brunch drink right on your pancake with this mix of orange juice, orange and lemon zest, sugar and Grand Marnier.
- Vanilla Bourbon Caramel Sauce – This creamy, buttery vanilla sauce is as decadent as it sounds!
- Melted Snickers Topping – It might be hard to beat Snickers melted with heavy cream and a bit of syrup.
- Aunt Bonnie’s Chocolate Syrup – If you love a traditional chocolate topping, this one is for you.
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce – Super simple recipe with a hint of sweetness.
- Ice cream – if you want to get really sinful with your pancakes, add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top, and then add a topping to your ice cream like nuts and whipped cream. Oh boy.
As you can see there is no shortage of ideas to be used as pancake toppings. We challenge you this Pancake Day to look in your pantry and come up with something creative. There’s bound to be something delicious just waiting to be added on top of your favorite sweet breakfast, pancakes!