Many of our new Fairfield communities offer dog grooming spaces and spas. Both Mave Apartments and Talia Apartments feature dog spas that include a dog washing station, grooming table, and drying station. All you need to bring is your favorite doggie shampoo to get your pup looking pristine in no time.
Whether you’re looking for a natural shampoo, organic, one geared towards sensitive skin or something low budget, there’s plenty of options these days to find the right one for your needs. When grooming your pup, it’s essential to use a shampoo specifically made for dogs and not human shampoo. A dog’s skin is more absorbent than a human and they can easily have reactions from traditional shampoo. Also, if your pup suffers from itchy skin, there are medicated shampoos that can help with that.
How often should you wash your dog? There’s no easy answer! It depends on quite a few things.
- Does your dog spend most of its time indoors?
- What breed is your dog?
- Does your dog have sensitive skin?
- Does your dog sleep in your bed?
- What activities does your dog participate in?
Depending on the lifestyle of your dog, recommendations can range from a couple of times a year to once a week. Check out this article from PetMD for tips on the frequency of washing your dog’s coat.
Let’s check out our favorite doggie shampoo based on your pup’s needs…
- Totally natural, 100% biodegradable and gentle
- Free of toxins, phosphates, and enzymes
- Animal cruelty-free
Sensitive Itchy Skin
- Epi-Soothe Shampoo is a soap-free shampoo which may help with mild itching, dry skin, and sensitive skin in dogs and cats.
- It can be used on any age of an animal.
- Epi-Soothe contains oatmeal and spherulites, which help protect the skin even after rinsing.
- Epi-Soothe also helps reduce the number of bacteria and yeast on the skin.
For Pups That Love to Get Dirty
- Helps eliminate dirt and smells that your pet often brings home after hours of playing.
- Helps moisturize and condition your pet’s skin.
- Veterinary Formula Solutions Triple Strength Dirty Dog Concentrated Shampoo Helps remove stubborn dirt and smells Contains safe ingredients.
- Long-lasting fragrance Safe for coat and skin.
- DirtRepel formula is based on ionic technology and has reliable cleaning and deodorizing actions.
- This extra gentle, sulfate-free conditioning shampoo is formulated especially for companion animals.
- It is perfect for all dogs and wonderful for animals who suffer from sensitive or allergy-prone skin.
- Harvey’s formula is eco-safe and environmentally friendly because it is made with chemical-free base and pure essential oils and extracts that soothe and moisturize dry, itchy skin and encourages a shiny, healthy coat.
- Contains no synthetic ingredients and no preservatives.
- Gentle enough for dog’s coat, face, and skin
- Blends Chamomile Flower Extract with efficacious and gentle cleansing ingredients
- pH-balanced formula will leave coat and skin clean with a light and refreshing lavender scent
- Ideal for big and small, long- or short-haired dogs
Best Bang For Your Buck
- Made with some of nature’s finest ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Made with colloidal oat flour
- Conditions dry skin
- Powerful yet gentle cleanser