With the busy lives that most of us have these days, having an apartment that makes you feel calm, relaxed, and zen after coming home from a long day of work is crucial! Your apartment should feel like home and should be a calming sanctuary. Can you imagine if you came home every day to a drab, boring, and stressful environment? Bring zen into your apartment, light a couple fresh-scented candles and just chill – I can’t think of anything better! So how to do it? Read on!
- Organize your home and get rid of anything unnecessary – declutter to the max!
- Incorporate the 5 elements of zen – fire (candles), earth (plants), metal (a minimalist metal wall decor), water (a small water feature), and wood (cabinets, bed frame, shelving).
- Make use of earthy colors. Brown sofas, tan rugs, gray blankets, and natural wood accents.
- Let in the natural light! Open your windows and allow the sun to do its job. Also, instead of harsh overhead lighting, opt for some lamps that can provide a warmer, softer light.
- Have a handful of indoor plants to clean your air.
- Scatter a couple essential oil diffusers around your apartment.
- Keep it simple! Go easy on the decor and furnishings.
To step up your zen game even more, try creating the ultimate spa retreat in your own bathroom!