National Coffee Day is almost upon us! On September 29th coffee lovers can rejoice and celebrate this treasured holiday. Not sure how to celebrate? Here are some coffee tips and tricks you can try at home with your own cup of joe.
- Use whole beans instead of pre-ground coffee to make sure you’re getting the freshest brew.
- Research where your coffee comes from. There are so many independent coffee companies that ensure they get the highest quality coffee. Instead of just heading to the grocery store or Starbucks for coffee, why not head to one of your local coffee roasters? Or do a little research online to find a brand that resonates with you.
- Store your beans in an airtight container to ensure freshness once they’re home. You don’t need anything fancy, a good old mason jar will do the trick.
- Grind your beans right before brewing a pot or cup of coffee. A medium size grind is ideal for a strong cup of coffee that doesn’t have any sentiment left over.
- Use high quality water. If you’re a true coffee lover skip the tap water and purchase water with a medium mineral content. This prevents lime deposits in your coffee maker and makes for a better tasting cup of joe.
Follow these tips and every day will feel like a National Coffee Day Celebration!